A number of producers have begun planting fall forage seeding to establish their forage crops. Note, this is ONLY insurable through a written agreement.
Here are the steps:
- Contact your agent!!!!
- Complete an application and written agreement form
- Get a web soil survey map online & expert Letter (Cty Ext. Agent works great)
- Crop Inspection completed in the fall verifying an adequate stand is established
- Wait………if approved, you will have 30 days to accept the coverage or reject it.
All of the paperwork needs to be submitted by late summer/early fall. The earliest plant date is July 1. The final plant dates are:
- Northern Counties: August 1
- Central Counties: August 15
(Barron, Brown, Calumet, Chippewa, Clark, Door, Dunn, Eau Claire, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marathon, Outagamie, Polk, Portage, Rusk, Shawano, St. Croix, Taylor, Waupaca, Winnebago, Wood)
Southern Counties: August 20